16 Runners
24 Chasers
shambhawip

Unapologetic Reader, Psychotic Writer

Possibly psychotic and unapologetically sarcastic. I read everything.

The Lies of Locke Lamora
Scott Lynch
Progress: 20 %
Dante Valentine: The Complete Series
Lilith Saintcrow
Progress: 20 %

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea - This book has put me in a reading slump. It's been two whole days. I haven't read anything. There are hundreds of books with me clamoring for my attention and I cannot read. Why?Because Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea has fucked with my reading capabilities. So, this is not a review. This is a rant about how the most anticipated book of 2013 for me has destroyed my brain cells. I had such high expectations here. Zat cover coupled with zat blurb... and all the glowing ARC reviews... I was salivating in wait of when August would come. And it did. So did this book. I had so many issues here that I do not even know where to begin. I loved the writing - it had a whole eerie gothic feel going on for it. But the story? Total Shit. Characters? Either inconsistent or one-dimensional. Maybe if I ever get my brain back I will attempt to write a proper review with all the goods and bads of the book listed. Until then here is a sad tale of destruction of my expectations so cruelly executed by Tulchoke. And the worst part is that I am in a reading slump. :(