16 Runners
24 Chasers
shambhawip

Unapologetic Reader, Psychotic Writer

Possibly psychotic and unapologetically sarcastic. I read everything.

The Lies of Locke Lamora
Scott Lynch
Progress: 20 %
Dante Valentine: The Complete Series
Lilith Saintcrow
Progress: 20 %

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer - Lish McBride This book has to be one of the funniest books I have read in a long time. It made me laugh all the way from page 1 and Sam's smart-ass-ness really made me gasp for breath more than once. I loved all the characters, even Doughlas in a you're-a-badass-villain-I-am-supposed-to-dislike kind of way. The best part of this book was that not just the lead characters but even the secondary characters had a depth to their personalities. Everyone so damn awesome! Though Samhain Lacroix still tops the list. The book starts with a laid back day in a resturant where Sam is working along with Ramon, Frank and Brooke. His normal life was destroyed when he hit the tail light of the formidable evil necromancer head Doughlas' car while playing potato hockey. Mr. Evil Dead-Raiser notices that Sam too is a necromancer though with just little power and everything goes downhill for him. It also kind of sucks that Sam has a heck lot of his power bound currently but Doughlas doesn't know that and neither does Sam. I really liked the way the dialogue kept shifting between Sam's first person narrative and third person views. It wasn't akward or confusing but kept a constant flow of the story from all angles. The Brid/Sam romance was subdued but I liked it that way, other parts of the story were given more focus than the budding heart of the caged. I hadn't read many (more like any) books about necromancy before but I kind of found the idea of death and human souls and tapping into the power of the underworld cool. Creepy but cool. This is definitely a series I am sticking out with.