16 Runners
24 Chasers
shambhawip

Unapologetic Reader, Psychotic Writer

Possibly psychotic and unapologetically sarcastic. I read everything.

The Lies of Locke Lamora
Scott Lynch
Progress: 20 %
Dante Valentine: The Complete Series
Lilith Saintcrow
Progress: 20 %

Unspoken (Lynburn Legacy Series #1)

Unspoken - Sarah Rees Brennan I was really very very excited to read this book even months before its release. When it was released, I got it as soon as it was possible. But I didn't jump right into reading it. My expectations for this book were like the proverbial sword hanging above my head. I wanted it to be good so bad that I was scared that I'd be disappointed. Honestly, I am not yet sure whether I was disappointed with this or not. While reading I was completely sucker into the world of Sorry-in-the-Vale. I loved the moodsetting of the book. I loved the dialogues. I instantly clicked with the characters. I was laughing a lot and enjoying it a lot and the remaining pages were going down and all too soon the book was over. I didn't want it to be. Then I put the book down. I went to Goodreads. I marked it as read. I rated the book FIVE stars. Then I went back out to the real world thinking. Then I realized this book was not quite five stars. I downrated it to 4. I slept on it then. When I woke up this morning I realized there were so many things not quite right with this book. The main thing was that it reminded me a lot of this author's Demon's Lexicon books. Jared was a lot like Nick. Kami was a bit like Mae. And that was another off putting thought. Also, the book was predictable, awfully so. I had guessed who was the big bad evil person from the moment they were introduced. I had guessed the ending too.. Though that doesn't make it any less frustrating. I wish there was more romance in the book - though I doubt that would make me dislike the oh-so-obvious change in the balance any less. Also I hate love triangles on principle. It's just something wrong with me. Downside of the book - Jared/Nick similarities - I couldn't help but feel cheated off of my chance for a new brand of hot. Upside of the book - the dialogues. They were too funny and witty. Also Ash and Kami's date. I am totally a Team Jared girl (Please don't start talking teams, they're stupid) but seriously that part rocked. You'd understand if you'd read it (which is a code for read it!)3.5 Stars.... For now :/