16 Runners
24 Chasers
shambhawip

Unapologetic Reader, Psychotic Writer

Possibly psychotic and unapologetically sarcastic. I read everything.

The Lies of Locke Lamora
Scott Lynch
Progress: 20 %
Dante Valentine: The Complete Series
Lilith Saintcrow
Progress: 20 %
Hunter - C.W. Nash This ebook was provided to me by the author as a part of The YA Book Club's 1000 members giveaway event.I'm pretty torn up about this book. I liked it well enough but not that well. I liked the idea of the book and it had its moments but something didn't quite work out with me. Not enough to make me want to bang my head on the wall and curse this book seven ways to hell but enough to make my mind wander away to mundane things in the middle of the book. Yet, I really really liked the way the plot moved forward.I didn't really like the opening of the book - the prologue kind of put me off. But when I did continue it took me a while to gain interest in the plot. The romance was too quick and the whole thing felt overtly cheesy to me. Once the meet cute and "getting to know each other" phase of the relationship was over and Leila and Cole's relationship got a bit stabilized I really liked the chemistry between them, though the dialogues sometimes felt a bit too much scripted. I really liked the supporting characters and the way they were handled in the story though.The plot - I absolutely LOVED it. What can I say, I am a sucker for action and once the romance bit was done and action bit started I got into the story. The vampires, though a well exhausted creature in YA books, were not too brain-numbing in this book. I liked Cole in action much more than Cole in love to be honest.There were a few minor typos in the book but other than that Nash had a fairly consistent and pretty smooth writing. It took me a while to finish this book though, much due to the moments of wandering mind. But I am really glad I finished it and I am looking forward to a sequel - if the author writes one.3.25 Stars, maybe :/