16 Runners
24 Chasers
shambhawip

Unapologetic Reader, Psychotic Writer

Possibly psychotic and unapologetically sarcastic. I read everything.

The Lies of Locke Lamora
Scott Lynch
Progress: 20 %
Dante Valentine: The Complete Series
Lilith Saintcrow
Progress: 20 %
The Fault in Our Stars - John Green I don't know what to think. It was depressing. It broke my heart into million little pieces. I cried so hard my eyes were swollen. I fell in love with Augustus Waters. He died too soon. This book was filled with raw emotions and yet the dialogues were so funny I was laughing hard at times, then crying, then doing both like a crazy person especially during Augustus' prefuneralBut as much as I loved it (and I did) I didn't really like it (I know that doesn't make any sense!!!) It may make me a terrible person to say this but I don't like John Green as a writer. This is the third book of his that I've read (including Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns) and I have found his style of writing repetitive, the characters repetitive, the situations (almost) repetitive and so the whole book got very predictable and was totally ruined for me. It felt like he was trying too hard at times to make his characters different that they got less real and more like the antiwave repetitions of all his other characters.Technically I didn't like this book. Emotionally I'm a mess. I have no idea how to sort out my feelings with regards to this book. I cannot rate it and thus I will not. But I don't think I will be reading another John Green book anytime soon.