16 Runners
24 Chasers
shambhawip

Unapologetic Reader, Psychotic Writer

Possibly psychotic and unapologetically sarcastic. I read everything.

The Lies of Locke Lamora
Scott Lynch
Progress: 20 %
Dante Valentine: The Complete Series
Lilith Saintcrow
Progress: 20 %
Stolen: A Letter to My Captor - Lucy Christopher It was one of the most beautiful, sweetest, saddest books I have ever read. I just did not want it to be over. Writing the story in the form of a letter is not really easy but Lucy Christopher has done it so well that I could almost feel Gemma's conflicting emotions within me. I wanted to kick Ty in the nuts as well as hug him and tell him everything will be all right at the same time.All the characters were developed so wonderfully. Gemma was shown to develop from a desperate captive to a girl resigned to her situation to how she started falling for Ty in the process.. it did not feel weird or forced. And Ty was a world onto himself. As a stalker he should have been plain creepy, and he was plenty that too but his vulnerable side too was shown so beautifully I could not help but feel sad for him. He wanted love and he never thought it would be wrong to steal Gemma to get it. The camel, Dick, the hens, even the snakes- the way the animals were used to show Gemma's frame of mind was amazing. Some part of me even wanted Ty and Gemma to end up together, no matter how sick that would be.The book made me cry, it made me smile. It made me hug it and try to think of Ty, of Gemma, of her parents... of how in the end the camel was still left unnamed. I wanted Ty and Gemma to live happily ever after; I wanted Ty to be punished severely for the fucked up ways of his mind. But in the end I knew there would be no better ending for the book than what Christopher has written and that is what makes it even more beautiful.A book everyone should read at least once.