16 Runners
24 Chasers
shambhawip

Unapologetic Reader, Psychotic Writer

Possibly psychotic and unapologetically sarcastic. I read everything.

The Lies of Locke Lamora
Scott Lynch
Progress: 20 %
Dante Valentine: The Complete Series
Lilith Saintcrow
Progress: 20 %

Light of the Moon

Light of the Moon (Legend of the Dreamer, Book 1) - David James This ebook was provided to me by the author in exchange of an honest review...which is getting really difficult to write. Why?Light of the Moon is one of those books that you are not sure you like or not but seems to worm its way into your thoughts. There are so many things about this book running inside my head that I have no idea where to begin this review. Let me start by stating the obvious - David James definitely has a way with words. The writing was AMA-Zing! He could make everything sound poetic and I do admit some parts of the narration - especially the prologue gave me goosebumps. It was a welcome reaction. That being said James fails to show a thorough understanding of his characters, especially in the first few chapters. His writing is wonderful, yes. And Calum's inner muses are not really boring or monotonous. But they do a lot to confuse the reader; especially as his relationship with both his parents, his insta-love/hate development with Kate and his daily antics of a somewhat-of-a-loner-but-a-day-to-day-teenager did not show a consistent personality for Calum. Same goes for Kate. But - as the story progressed the plot stabilized, as did the characters and as everything in the earlier scattered story started to tie up I found myself enjoying the book a lot more. I was dragging myself for the first few chapters but the latter ones made me glad I did pick up the book again each time the confusion made me put it down. I am really looking forward to the sequel right now, though I must admit I don't feel much attached to the characters still. The writing though I could be addicted to. Hmmmm... 3.5 Stars. The extra half for the hauntingly beautiful poems that were thrown in. Marvelous, really.