16 Runners
24 Chasers
shambhawip

Unapologetic Reader, Psychotic Writer

Possibly psychotic and unapologetically sarcastic. I read everything.

The Lies of Locke Lamora
Scott Lynch
Progress: 20 %
Dante Valentine: The Complete Series
Lilith Saintcrow
Progress: 20 %
Save Yourself - Kelly Braffet This book promised to be as good as Gillian Flynn's. While I haven't read any of Flynn's books (and do realize it is way past time I should) I have heard great things about them and my bar for them is set quite very high (another reason I haven't read them - out of fear that maybe my expectations will not be met).Naturally, my expectations for Save Yourself was high. Add to that the raving reviews from some of my friends in Goodreads I expected a dark, twisted tale of dark, crazy characters going into whose minds would be an adventure on its own.In this regard the book did not disappoint.There is a sort of desperation within all of the characters which makes them both dangerous as well as vulnerable. There is something too poetic about the writing that caught my attention. I finished the book in a single sitting. I could not not finish it. It was wonderful and compelling and dark and beautiful and an overall great read.This ebook was provided to me by the publishers via Edelweiss in exchange of an honest review.